All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJohannesburg is Africa's premier metropolis. This work reassesses classic theories of metropolitan modernity as it explores the experience of 'citiness' and urban life in post-apartheid South Africa. This work includes an ethnographic examination of friction zones and practices of social reproduction in inner-city Johannesburg.
- Author BiographySarah Nuttall is Associate Professor of Literature and Cultural Studies at the Wits Institute for Social and Economic Research (WISER), University of the Witwatersrand in Johannesburg. She is the author of Entanglement: Literary and Cultural Reflections on Post-Apartheid (forthcoming) and an editor of several books, including Beautiful/Ugly: African and Diaspora Aesthetics, also published by Duke University Press.Achille Mbembe is Research Professor in History and Politics at WISER. He is the author of On the Postcolony and La naissance du maquis dans le Sud-Cameroun and a co-editor of Le politique par le bas en Afrique noire.
- PublisherDuke University Press
- Date of Publication24/10/2008
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series Titlea Public Culture Book
- Place of PublicationNorth Carolina
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDuke University Press
- Content Note24 illustrations
- Width156 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edited byAchille Mbembe,Sarah Nuttall
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.94Trending at £10.12
- £24.00Trending at £33.04
- £20.74Trending at £21.11
- £16.56Trending at £25.00
- £48.89Trending at £56.06
- £25.98Trending at £26.99
- £44.82Trending at £49.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.