All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJohn Major's rise through Parliament was meteoric. That is, until within months of the 1992 election, when his government was in troubled waters. In this text, John Major is honest about what he won and lost, and about friends and foes within his own party as well as outside.
- Author BiographyBorn in 1943, John Major was a member of Lambeth Borough Council 1968-71, then entered Parliament in 1979; he was PPS to Ministers of State at the Home Office 1981-83, an assistant Govt Whip 1983-4, a Govt Whip 1984-5, Minister for Social Security 1986-7, Chief Sec. to HM Treasury 1987-9; Foreign Secretary 1989, Chancellor 1989-90, and Prime Minister 1990-97.
- PrizesShortlisted for Channel 4 Political Book of the Year Award 1999 and Political Book of the Year 1999.
- Author(s)John Major
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication24/07/1999
- GenreAutobiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHarperCollins Publishers Ltd
- Out-of-print date08/02/2002
- Content Note24 b&w plates
- Weight1260 g
- Width159 mm
- Height242 mm
Best-selling in Biographies & True Stories
Save on Biographies & True Stories
- £12.70Trending at £15.30
- £8.61Trending at £9.98
- £4.50Trending at £4.77
- £13.85Trending at £16.12
- £4.45Trending at £6.08
- £10.12Trending at £12.99
- £18.79Trending at £24.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.