All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJohn Salt's exquisite and intriguing evocations of abandoned cars and dilapidated trailers, often depicted in a bucolic rural setting, place him among the foremost realist painters of his generation. The author explores Salt's influences, inspirations and technique and places his work in the context of American Photorealism.
- Author BiographyLinda Chase is the author of several works on contemporary realism including Hypperealism, (Rizzoli, NY 1975) and Photorealism at the Millennium (with Louis Meisel), Harry N. Abrams, NY 2000. She has been the director and curator of several national and international realist exhibitions and has written numerous museum and gallery catalogues. Her groundbreaking interviews with the Photorealists in the early 1970s helped to establish the place of this movement in contemporary art.
- Author(s)Linda Chase
- PublisherPhilip Wilson Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication06/07/2007
- GenreIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPhilip Wilson Publishers Ltd
- Content Note130 colour illustrations
- Width245 mm
- Height275 mm
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £13.74Trending at £16.54
- £13.11Trending at £19.98
- £5.35Trending at £5.99
- £10.99Trending at £19.99
- £18.33Trending at £24.00
- £7.00Trending at £8.50
- £14.76Trending at £17.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.