All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThroughout his career - and particularly in the period from 1898 to 1913 - John Singer Sargent painted the spectacular architecture of everyday life in Venice, as he sat alongside the Grand Canal or in a gondola in the sleepy side canals. This book presents the luminous masterworks that Sargent completed during that fertile 15-year period.
- Author BiographyRichard Ormond is a Sargent scholar and independent art historian. He is a great-nephew of John Singer Sargent. Elaine Kilmurray is coauthor and research director of the John Singer Sargent catalogue raisonne project, of which this is the sixth volume.
- Author(s)Elaine Kilmurray,Richard Ormond
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication10/03/2009
- GenreIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Content Note18 b-w + 256 color illus.
- Weight2064 g
- Width248 mm
- Height305 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £22.32Trending at £23.79
- £66.16Trending at £91.99
- £9.68Trending at £11.66
- £14.25Trending at £14.96
- £16.59Trending at £25.25
- £22.22Trending at £23.47
- £10.38Trending at £10.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.