All listings for this product
Best-selling in Biographies & True Stories
Save on Biographies & True Stories
- £12.52Trending at £12.82
- £8.61Trending at £8.87
- £5.50Trending at £9.09
- £8.54Trending at £9.95
- £2.81Trending at £3.61
- £10.12Trending at £12.98
- £18.79Trending at £24.91
About this product
- DescriptionJohn Wilkes (1726-97) is remembered as the father of the British free press, defender of civil and political liberties. This biography draws a portrait of John Wilkes from his childhood days through his heyday as a journalist and agitator and his defiance of government prosecutions for libel and obscenity.
- Author BiographyArthur H. Cash is Distinguished Professor Emeritus, Department of English, State University of New York at New Paltz, and biographer of Laurence Sterne.
- Author(s)Arthur H. Cash
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication01/06/2007
- GenreBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Content Note27 b-w illus.
- Weight694 g
- Width155 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine29 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.