Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £8.69Trending at £9.13
- £12.49Trending at £14.87
- £6.07Trending at £6.24
- £8.91Trending at £9.94
- £11.41Trending at £14.18
- £24.93Trending at £25.91
- £11.71Trending at £12.83
About this product
- DescriptionThe first collection of the poetry of Juan Calzadilla to be translated into English, Journal with No Subject spans eleven books published from 1962 to the present. This poetry denounces the dehumanization of modernity, appropriates surrealistic language, questions identity and poetry itself, and dissolves the coherent, autonomous subject.
- Author BiographyJuan Calzadilla (Altagracia de Orituco, Venezuela, 1931) is a paradigm of the complete artist. His work includes poetry, narrative, essay, the visual arts, art criticism, journalism, translation, and editing. He was co-founder in 1961 of the revolutionary cultural movement El Techo de la Ballena [The Whale's Roof], and in 1984, of the prestigious journal of arts and literature, Imagen. For his work as a sketcher and painter he received Venezuela's National Prize for the Visual Arts in 1996. His constant poetic production, which began in 1954 with Primeros poemas, includes more than twenty fundamental titles. With intellectual discernment, he vehemently seeks to dissolve the subject, create a more stripped-down language, and to participate as well as represent.
- Author(s)Juan Calzadilla
- PublisherSalt Publishing
- Date of Publication15/06/2009
- GenrePoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2009
- ImprintSalt Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight221 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Translated byKatherine M. Hedeen,Victor Rodriguez Nunez
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.