Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £25.24+ £1.00 P&P
- New condition
- Sold by books_discount
- See details for delivery est.
- £9.33Free P&P
- Very Good condition
- Sold by bookbarn-international
- Est. delivery by 28 Aug
All listings for this product
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £4.57Trending at £4.92
- £4.66Trending at £4.82
- £4.66Trending at £4.80
- £4.44Trending at £5.90
- £4.77Trending at £4.92
- £8.36Trending at £8.94
- £4.59Trending at £5.60
About this product
- DescriptionA novel with a female protagonist, this work unfolds in a small town in nineteenth-century Spain and tells the story of a young girl's romance with a wealthy widower many years her senior. They must contend with the indignation of his imperious married daughter, the public rebuke of a churchman, and the strictures of society.
- Author BiographyRobert M. Fedorchek is professor emeritus of Spanish at Fairfield University. He has translated into English more than a dozen books of Spanish literature, among them Stories of Enchantment from Nineteenth-Century Spain, the Duke of Rivas's Don Alvaro, or the Force of Fate, and Juan Valera's Dona Luz. Noel Valis, professor of Spanish at Yale University, is the author of several books on Spanish authors.
- Author(s)Juan Valera
- PublisherThe Catholic University of America Press
- Date of Publication07/03/2006
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe Catholic University of America Press
- Content NoteIllustrations , ports.
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Translated byRobert M. Fedorchek
- Introduction byNoel Valis
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.