CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £23.98Trending at £25.01
- £26.30Trending at £27.03
- £17.70Trending at £25.48
- £20.30Trending at £27.00
- £16.38Trending at £16.87
- £25.36Trending at £30.42
- £20.87Trending at £21.21
About this product
- Author(s)Seth D. Kunin
- PublisherColumbia University Press
- Date of Publication29/05/2009
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintColumbia University Press
- Content Note10 illus.
- Weight544 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Table Of ContentsAcknowledgments Introduction 1. Diversity and Complexity 2. The Case Against the Authenticity of Crypto-Judaism in New Mexico 3. The Case for the Authenticity of Crypto-Judaism in New Mexico 4. Ideal Types of Crypto-Jewish Identity 5. Crypto-Jewish Practice: Memory and Bricolage 6. A Postmodern Take on Crypto-Judaism Conclusion Theoretical Appendix. (Neo)-Structuralism: A Basis for Understanding the Transformative Use of Structure in Crypto-Jewish Culture Notes Bibliography Index
- Author BiographySeth D. Kunin is pro vice chancellor, arts and humanities, at the University of Durham. He received his B.A. from Columbia University and MA from the Jewish Theological Seminary of America and was awarded his Ph.D. in anthropology by the University of Cambridge. Kunin has been doing ethnographic research among the crypto-Jews in New Mexico for the past thirteen years. He has published a number of books on aspects of biblical and Jewish culture from an anthropological and structuralist perspective and has written about the development of theories of religion in such works as Themes and Issues in Judaism and Religion: The Modern Theories.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.