All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJustine's attachment to virtue attracts nothing but misfortune, and she is subjected to an unending catalogue of sexual abuse. Sade's best-known novel, it overturns all religious, moral, and political norms, and still has the power to shock. This new translation of the 1791version is the first for over 40 years, and the first critical edition.
- Author BiographyJohn Phillips is the author of a number of books on Sade, including Sade: The Libertine Novels (Pluto Press, 2001), The Marquis de Sade: A Very Short Introduction (OUP, 2005), and How to Read Sade (Granta, 2005).
- Author(s)Marquis de Sade
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication08/11/2012
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleOxford World's Classics
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Weight214 g
- Width128 mm
- Height195 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Translated byJohn Phillips
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £3.70Trending at £3.81
- £5.29Trending at £8.96
- £5.43Trending at £9.01
- £7.92Trending at £10.95
- £4.39Trending at £6.27
- £5.46Trending at £8.20
- £4.55Trending at £4.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.