All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionKabbalah has reaped a wealth of attention, but many argue that the form practiced in Hollywood is more New Age than authentic tradition. Dan offers a dependable account of this religious phenomenon and its impact outside of Judaism. He sheds light on misconceptions and examines its fascinating history, including ancient texts of this tradition.
- Author BiographyJoseph Dan is the Gershom Scholem Professor of Kabbalah in the Department of Jewish Thought, at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem. His many books include The Heart and the Fountain: Jewish Mystical Experiences, The Early Kabbalah, and The Teachings of Hasidism. He resides in Jerusalem and in Cambridge, Massachusetts, where he is a visiting professor at the Harvard Divinity School.
- Author(s)Joseph Dan
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication01/06/2007
- GenreReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Series TitleVery Short Introductions
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content Note12 halftones
- Weight124 g
- Width112 mm
- Height175 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £24.44Trending at £26.14
- £23.12Trending at £34.97
- £10.01Trending at £10.71
- £24.23Trending at £25.20
- £17.16Trending at £22.75
- £21.65Trending at £24.16
- £4.99Trending at £6.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.