All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents Karl Marx as a man of both brilliance and frailty: as a poverty-stricken Prussian emigre who became a middle-class English gentleman; as an angry agitator; as a gregarious and convivial host; as a devoted family man; and as a deeply earnest philosopher who loved drink and cigars.
- Author BiographyFrancis Wheen is a distinguished author and journalist who was voted Columnist of the Year in February 1997 for his weekly column in the Guardian. He has written several books including the highly acclaimed biography of Tom Driberg MP, which was shortlisted for the Whitbread prize.
- PrizesShortlisted for WH Smith Annual Literary Award 2000 and WH Smith Literary Prize 2000 and Samuel Johnson Prize for Non-Fiction 2000 and Political Book of the Year 1999 and Channel 4 Political Book of the Year Award 1999.
- Author(s)Francis Wheen
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication07/10/1999
- GenreBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFourth Estate Ltd
- Out-of-print date26/02/2002
- Content Note16pp illustrations
- Weight800 g
- Width161 mm
- Height241 mm
Best-selling in Biographies & True Stories
Save on Biographies & True Stories
- £8.85Trending at £9.09
- £17.38Trending at £19.99
- £13.80Trending at £19.95
- £18.07Trending at £21.36
- £13.77Trending at £19.07
- £13.69Trending at £18.52
- £13.25Trending at £18.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.