Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.07Trending at £9.18
- £26.45Trending at £27.78
- £7.44Trending at £8.98
- £10.89Trending at £12.29
- £18.09Trending at £19.22
- £15.21Trending at £18.62
- £10.46Trending at £14.11
About this product
- DescriptionDrawing from ethnographic research, interviews, and archival materials, this book traces the development of national identity and statehood in Kazakhstan, focusing on the attempts to build a national state. It argues that Russification and Sovietization were not 'top-down' processes, and that they provide considerable scope for local initiatives.
- Author BiographyBhavna Dave is a lecturer in Central Asian Politics at the Department of Politics and International Studies at the School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London. She specializes in issues of ethnic relations, identity politics and political transition in Central Asia.
- Author(s)Bhavna Dave
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication15/05/2006
- GenreSocial Studies: General
- Series TitleCentral Asian Studies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations, 4 black & white tables, 1 black & white line drawings
- Weight498 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.