All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOffers all the information you need to help you to start keeping chickens, from how to choose, house, feed and handle them to how many eggs they lay, their affect on the local ecosystem and how to protect from foxes and other predators.
- Author BiographyTracey Smith is a passionate advocate for sustainability. A broadcaster, author of The Book of Rubbish Ideas and creator of InterNational Downshifting Week, her new series, The Great Downshift unlocks its secrets, warts and all. Her poultry-peak stands at 43 chickens, 10 ducks and 2 guinea fowl and she's given away more eggs than you can shake a stick at... Liz Wright has edited Smallholder magazine for over twenty years and is the author of a number of books, including Choosing and Keeping Ducks and Geese, Keeping Pet Ducks and Self Sufficiency, A Practical Guide to Modern Living. She also appears on the radio regularly. A keen poultry keeper, Liz's love of chickens started as a child and she now keeps hybrid chickens for eggs, pure breeds for pleasure and also raises table birds.
- PublisherFlame Tree Publishing
- Date of Publication03/04/2017
- GenreNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Series TitleDigging and Planting
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2017
- ImprintFlame Tree Publishing
- Content Note200 colour illustrations
- Weight464 g
- Width170 mm
- Height160 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Foreword byTracey Smith
Best-selling in Leisure, Hobbies & Lifestyle
Save on Leisure, Hobbies & Lifestyle
- £1.99Trending at £2.27
- £30.35Trending at £43.00
- £9.53Trending at £9.82
- £14.09Trending at £15.23
- £7.49Trending at £7.69
- £18.13Trending at £25.00
- £14.05Trending at £17.44
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.