All listings for this product
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £19.59Trending at £26.39
- £9.46Trending at £13.06
- £9.60Trending at £11.19
- £4.79Trending at £5.19
- £15.50Trending at £19.06
- £13.65Trending at £14.14
- £10.95Trending at £15.72
About this product
- DescriptionKernicterus is an interesting example of metabolic encephalopathy. This volume examines the biochemistry and physiology of bilirubin as well as its hepatic metabolism and renal excretion. It elaborates bodily disposition of bilirubin and its neuropathology.
- Author BiographyDr. David W. McCandless is the John J. Sheinin Professor of Anatomy in the Department of Cell Biology and Anatomy at The Chicago Medical School, Rosalind Franklin University, North Chicago, IL, USA. He has over 35 years of laboratory research into basic mechanisms of various metabolic encephalopathies. He serves as Editor-in Chief of the journal Metabolic Brain Disease (Springer), now in its 26th year. Dr. McCandless has been on the faculty or research staff at The University of Vermont College of Medicine, NIH-NINCDS, University of Texas Medical School at Houston, and The Chicago Medical School, and was a visiting professor at Washington University School of Medicine.Dr. McCandless has published in journals such as The J. Clinical Investigation, Nature, Proc. National Academy of Sciences, Amer. J. of Physiology, Brain Research, J. Neurochemistry, Teratology, Epilepsia, Stroke, and many others
- Author(s)David W. McCandless
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication09/09/2010
- GenreClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleContemporary Clinical Neuroscience
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note8 black & white tables, biography
- Weight668 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine21 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.