All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBy critically reviewing over 40 key concepts in the field of contemporary ethnography, this book is a clear, concise and comprehensive introduction to the field.
- Author BiographyKaren O'Reilly is Professor of Sociology at Loughborough University. She has taught ethnographic and qualitative methods for many years around the world including the Essex Summer School in Social Science Data Collection and Analysis, and the Swiss Summer School in Lugano. She has spent 20 years on and off living among and learning from British people who move abroad in search of a better way of life. Sociologically, this has informed an interest in a broad range of themes, including ethnicity, identity and community; nations and nationalism; home and belonging; social exclusion; the informal economy; tourism-related migration; and friends and networks. Her interests have more recently turned to practice theories and their implications for ethnographic methodology. Karen is author of Ethnographic Methods (Routledge), Key Concepts in Ethnography (SAGE) and International Migration and Social Theory (Palgrave Macmillan), and co-editor of Lifestyle Migration: Expectations, Aspirations and Experiences (Ashgate).
- Author(s)Karen O'Reilly
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication13/11/2008
- GenreSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleSage Key Concepts Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight295 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £5.38Trending at £5.52
- £9.99Trending at £12.34
- £14.88Trending at £15.05
- £19.59Trending at £26.28
- £9.48Trending at £12.99
- £13.65Trending at £14.08
- £12.17Trending at £13.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.