All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Michael Storper
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication05/07/2013
- GenreEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note9 line illus.
- Weight567 g
- Width152 mm
- Height235 mm
- Table Of ContentsAcknowledgments ix 1.Introduction. Cities and Regions in the Twenty-First Century: Why Do They Develop and Change? 1 PART I THE ECONOMIC CONTEXT OF CITY AND REGIONAL DEVELOPMENT 2.Workshops of the World Economy: People, Jobs, and Places 14 3.The Motor of Urban Economies: Specialization 32 4.Disruptive Innovation: Geography and Economics 52 5.Cities and Individuals: How We Shape Cities, But Not the Way We Want To 67 PART II THE INSTITUTIONAL CONTEXT OF CITIES AND REGIONS 6.Winner and Loser Regions: The Where of Development 92 7.Communities and the Economy 104 8.Robust Action: Society, Community, and Development 115 PART III SOCIAL INTERACTION AND URBAN ECONOMIES 9.Technology, Globalization, and Local Interaction 140 10.Local Context: The Genius of Cities 156 11.Face-to-Face Contact 167 PART IV THE POLITICAL CONTEXT OF CITY AND REGIONAL DEVELOPMENT 12.Exit or Voice? Politics, Societies, and City-Systems 184 13.Justice, Efficiency, and Cities: Should Regions Help One Another? 204 Conclusion. Dear Policymaker: Some Keys for You 224 Notes 229 References 239 Index 267
- Author BiographyMichael Storper is professor of economic geography at the London School of Economics and Political Science, professor of economic sociology at Sciences Po in Paris, and professor of urban planning and geography at the University of California, Los Angeles. He is the author of The Regional World: Territorial Development in a Global Economy.
Best-selling in Business, Economics & Industry
Save on Business, Economics & Industry
- £18.99Trending at £19.34
- £45.12Trending at £47.49
- £12.21Trending at £15.88
- £8.33Trending at £9.98
- £13.11Trending at £13.60
- £12.86Trending at £16.88
- £10.00Trending at £11.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.