Consider these sponsored items
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe sensational and controversial novella about the evacuation of a Palestinian village in 1948 - published in the UK for the first time.
- Author BiographyS. YIZHAR was the pen name of Yizhar Smilansky, born in Rehovot, Palestine in 1916. A longtime member of Knesset for the Mapai (Labor) party, he is perhaps most famous as the author of Khirbet Khizeh and the 1,156-page magnum opus, Days of Tziklag, about the 1948 war. After winning the Israel Prize in 1959, he taught education at the Hebrew University for many years and lapsed into literary silence until 1992, when he published the first of a trilogy of autobiographical novels, Preliminaries. He died in 2006. NICHOLAS DE LANGE, who is professor of Hebrew and Jewish Studies at Cambridge University, has translated many Hebrew novels, most recently Preliminaries by S. Yizhar (2007). YAACOB DWECK has previously translated Haim Sabato's The Dawning of the Day (2006). DAVID SHULMAN teaches Sanskrit and other Indian languages at the Hebrew University. He has published numerous books and is the author of Dark Hope: Working for Peace in Israel and Palestine (2007). Shulman was named a MacArthur Fellow in 1987.
- Author(s)S. Yizhar
- PublisherGranta Books
- Date of Publication03/02/2011
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGranta Books
- Width125 mm
- Height168 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Translated byNicholas de Lange,David Shulman
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £4.00Trending at £4.78
- £1.63Trending at £2.20
- £2.57Trending at £2.79
- £5.47Trending at £5.59
- £5.84Trending at £6.85
- £4.08Trending at £5.79
- £3.43Trending at £4.63
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.