All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides practical guidance on managing renal patients at the end of life stage. It is presented in easily accessible, bullet point style, and is illustrated with case histories from real life patients, and drug tables.
- Author BiographyEdwina Brown is a clinical nephrologist with a special interest in patient outcomes, particularly the elderly, on dialysis. Over the last decade she has developed an increasing interest in the support and management of renal patients at their end of life. She was an editor of Supportive Care for the Renal Patient, first published by Oxford University Press in 2004 and with a second edition in 2010, has published and lectured extensively on the topic and runs an annual course on Supportive Care for the Renal Patient. She is currently a member of the UK End of Life Care for Advanced Kidney Care Disease Project Board. Fliss qualified in medicine in the UK in 1986. She initially trained in General Practice, and worked as a General Practitioner from 1992 - 2000, then undertook specialist training in palliative medicine between 2000 and 2004. She went on to undertake a PhD at King's College London, on 'Improving the quality of care of patients with Stage 5 Chronic Kidney Disease managed without dialysis' in the Department of Palliative Care, Policy & Rehabilitation at King's College London. She has now gained a HEFCE Clinical Senior Lecturership - one of the first nationally in Palliative Care. She is based at King's College London and King's College Hospital. She has published on the palliative and end of life care needs of renal patients, including on symptoms, withdrawal from dialysis, survival, and use of opioids. Fliss has a keen interest in longitudinal study, including methodological development, and symptom and functional trajectories in the last year of life (including for renal patients).
- Author(s)Edwina A Brown,Emma Murphy,Fliss E M Murtagh
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication03/05/2012
- GenreClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleOxford Specialist Handbooks in End of Life Care
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Weight192 g
- Width106 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.66Trending at £9.24
- £23.12Trending at £34.89
- £24.19Trending at £25.12
- £6.49Trending at £6.67
- £6.59Trending at £9.95
- £25.99Trending at £28.42
- £17.16Trending at £22.70
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.