CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £12.49Trending at £12.63
- £12.68Trending at £14.87
- £24.99Trending at £42.96
- £6.17Trending at £6.29
- £12.99Trending at £15.30
- £24.94Trending at £28.69
- £10.12Trending at £13.47
About this product
- DescriptionAfter a 15-year racing career, musher Dave Olesen set out to fulfill a lifelong dream, carrying out four solo journeys by dog team, pointing in turn to the south, east, north, and west, and home again to Hoarfrost River in the Canadian north. A unique blend of armchair adventure, personal memoir, and thoughtful, down-to-earth reflection.
- Author BiographyDave Olesen grew up in small-town Illinois. He has a B.A. in Humanities and Northern Studies. A veteran dog musher, he finished the daunting Iditarod Trail Sled Dog Race eight times. Olesen immigrated to Canada in 1987. He lives on Great Slave Lake with his wife, Kristen, their two daughters, forty-three huskies, and a ninety-year-old Danish sailboat. He works as a bush pilot and guide.
- Author(s)Dave Olesen
- PublisherWilfrid Laurier University Press
- Date of Publication07/11/2014
- GenreBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationWaterloo, Ontario
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintWilfrid Laurier University Press
- Out-of-print date14/12/2016
- Content Note12 b/w illus & 5 maps
- Weight542 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.