CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £26.57Trending at £27.18
- £23.98Trending at £29.99
- £7.45Trending at £7.61
- £14.99Trending at £16.89
- £14.87Trending at £16.59
- £8.44Trending at £9.51
- £4.51Trending at £4.99
About this product
- DescriptionKathryn Allamong Jacob's engaging account shows how the kingearned his crown through cookery and conversation and how this son of wealth and privilege helped to create a questionable profession in a city that then, as now, rested on power and influence.
- Author BiographyKathryn Allamong Jacob is curator of manuscripts at the Schlesinger Library on the History of Women in America at the Radcliffe Institute, Harvard University. She is the author of Testament to Union: Civil War Monuments in Washington, D.C., also published by Johns Hopkins, and Capital Elites: High Society in Washington, D.C., after the Civil War.
- Author(s)Kathryn Allamong Jacob
- PublisherJohns Hopkins University Press
- Date of Publication31/12/2009
- GenreBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationBaltimore, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohns Hopkins University Press
- Content Note20, 20 black & white halftones
- Weight476 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.