All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.55Trending at £4.81
- £4.44Trending at £7.98
- £14.32Trending at £19.97
- £5.09Trending at £5.53
- £19.24Trending at £19.60
- £7.12Trending at £8.98
- £8.66Trending at £10.73
About this product
- DescriptionThis work attempts to breathe life into a now close to forgotten period of Scottish life before th effects of centralisation came into force. The stories contained within draw on the recollections of over thirty inhabitants from the Kinross-shire area.
- Author BiographyMargaret Cuthbert comes from a family who have lived in Kinross-shire since at least the eighteenth century. She was educated at Kinross School and Dollar Academy, and graduated in history from Edinburgh University. With her husband Jim she moved to England to set up Canvas Holidays. After returning to Scotland on their retirement, she began studying oral history, from which this book project emerged. She has four children and eleven grandchildren.
- Author(s)Margaret Cuthbert
- PublisherJohn Donald Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication01/04/2011
- GenreHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Donald Short Run Press
- Content Noteb&w illustrations
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Contained items statement24 Paperbacks
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.