CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £17.81Trending at £18.19
- £24.97Trending at £27.59
- £4.34Trending at £4.44
- £23.93Trending at £24.42
- £11.11Trending at £12.30
- £9.09Trending at £9.24
- £5.94Trending at £6.68
About this product
- DescriptionThe genealogical model has a long-standing history in Western thought. The contributors to this volume consider the ways in which assumptions about the genealogical model-in particular, ideas concerning sequence, essence, and transmission...
- Author BiographySandra Bamford is an Associate Professor at the University of Toronto. Her research focuses on Papua New Guinea and the West, with an emphasis on kinship, gender, landscape, environmentalism, globalization, and biotechnology. In addition to having authored several journal articles and book chapters, her most recent publications include: Biology Unmoored: Melanesian Reflections on Life and Biotechnology (University of California Press, 2006) and Embodying Modernity and Postmodernity: Ritual, Praxis and Social Change in Melanesia (Carolina Academic Press, 2007). James Leach is Senior Lecturer and Head of the Department of Anthropology at the University of Aberdeen. He has undertaken long-term field research in rural Madang Province, Papua New Guinea, and in the UK with people utilising new technologies for collaborative knowledge production. Published work includes Creative Land: Place and Procreation on the Rai Coast of Papua New Guinea (Berghahn Books, 2003), Rationales of Ownership: Transactions and Claims to Ownership in Contemporary Papua New Guinea (ed., with Lawrence Kalinoe, Sean Kingston Publishing, 2004), and Freedom Imagined: Morality and Aesthetics in Open Source Software DesignA (Ethnos 2009).
- PublisherBerghahn Books
- Date of Publication01/02/2009
- GenreLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleFertility, Reproduction & Sexuality
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 15
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBerghahn Books
- Content Note20 ills
- Edited byJames Leach,Sandra Bamford
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.