All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.66Trending at £9.24
- £23.12Trending at £34.89
- £24.19Trending at £25.12
- £6.49Trending at £6.67
- £6.59Trending at £9.95
- £25.99Trending at £28.42
- £17.16Trending at £22.70
About this product
- DescriptionWhat constitutes a family? Tracing the dramatic evolution of Americans' answer to this question over the past century, this book provides an account of modern adoption's history. It also details efforts by the US Children's Bureau and the Child Welfare League of America to establish adoption standards in law and practice.
- Author BiographyEllen Herman is professor of history at the University of Oregon.
- Author(s)Ellen Herman
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication12/12/2008
- GenreHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Content Note15 halftones
- Weight522 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.