Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £22.32Trending at £23.90
- £66.16Trending at £91.99
- £9.68Trending at £10.05
- £14.25Trending at £14.98
- £16.59Trending at £25.28
- £22.22Trending at £23.50
- £10.38Trending at £10.88
About this product
- DescriptionConsider the usual view of film noir: endless rainy nights populated by down-at-the-heel boxers, writers, and private eyes stumbling toward inescapable doom while stalked by crooked cops and cheating wives in a neon-lit urban jungle. This book offers a collection of essays that reassesses the genre's iconic style, history, and themes.
- Author BiographyRobert Miklitsch is a professor in the department of English language and literature at Ohio University. He is the author of Siren City: Sound and Source Music in American Film Noir.
- PublisherUniversity of Illinois Press
- Date of Publication08/09/2014
- GenreFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationBaltimore
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Illinois Press
- Content Note35 black and white photographs, 1 line drawing
- Weight567 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byRobert Miklitsch
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.