All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionKnit Vintage offers a fantastic selection of more than 20 timeless designs based on original women' s knitwear patterns from the 1930s to the 1950s.
- Author BiographyMadeline Weston and her partner opened their shop The Scottish Merchant in Covent Garden in 1970, and for 20 years it was known as the place in London for buying beautifully made, authentic garments sourced from all parts of the British Isles. Madeline also owned a yarn shop and has done extensive research into traditional knitting patterns; an authority on the subject, she is the author of Country Weekend Knits (Jacqui Small, 2008) and Country Weekend Socks (Jacqui Small, 2010). She now lives in Norfolk. RITA TAYLOR has been a keen knitter since childhood. While living in Scotland she became interested in the traditional knits of that country, especially Fair Isles and fishermen's knits. She now manages the Gansey and the Period Garment Schemes for the Knitting & Crochet Guild and is involved with the re-creation and collection of ganseys for the Moray Firth Partnership and The Mo, Sheringham Museum. She is the author of Knitting: 200 Questions and Answers, the co-author, with Madeline Weston, of Knit Vintage (Jacqui Small, 2012), and the designer of many garments in 1930s and 1940s styles for period dramas in both theatre and film.
- PublisherJacqui Small LLP
- Date of Publication01/09/2012
- GenreHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJacqui Small LLP
- Width210 mm
- Height250 mm
Most relevant reviews
- maryleo195407 Feb, 2015by
Excellent value for money.
I enjoy knitting vintage patterns and the variety in the book didn't disappoint. I have already made one of the jumpers. Excellent value for money. I'm sure knitters of all abilities will find something they like. Most of the patterns can be knitted in different sizes, so would suit today's womens bodies.
Best-selling in Leisure, Hobbies & Lifestyle
Save on Leisure, Hobbies & Lifestyle
- £1.99Trending at £2.41
- £1.95Trending at £2.88
- £2.35Trending at £2.95
- £1.25Trending at £1.51
- £13.64Trending at £19.98
- £14.89Trending at £16.11
- £8.84Trending at £8.99