All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCreate beautiful projects designed to calm and soothe.
- Author BiographyLynne Rowe was taught to knit and crochet by her grandmother in her early childhood and has been hooked ever since. She has developed a wide range of specialist skills and loves to pass these on to others through her workshops and classes. She is best known for her whimsical designs which feature regularly in the UK's most popular craft magazines, along with articles and technical guides. Her practical approach makes her patterns straightforward, easy to read and fun to make and her aim is to encourage as many people as possible to knit and crochet. Lynne has a keen interest in the therapeutic aspect of knitting, and has taught many people over the years with various mental/health issues and has first-hand experience of how simple, repetitive tasks such as knitting can both help the mind and relieve stress. Lynne is active on social media, with her own website, Facebook page, blog and Pinterest page. She has written two books for Search Press: Once Upon a Time in Crochet (published April 2015 and sold 2071 copies of US edition and 2162 copies of UK edition) and 20 to Make: Crocheted Mandalas. Betsan Corkhill is an experienced healthcare professional specialising in physiotherapy and is a passionate advocate of the 'whole-person' approach to health. She supports people in improving their wellbeing, whether they are fit and well or learning to live with a long-term medical condition. Her background as a physiotherapist enables her to combine wellbeing coaching with her medical knowledge to help individuals develop a personalised wellbeing plan. Betsan founded the community interest company stitchlinks.com in 2005. It has grown into a global online community for those who enjoy the therapeutic benefits of craft, particularly knitting, and is pioneering scientific research into these benefits. She is also an experienced magazine production editor and regularly writes articles for a range of publications.
- Author(s)Betsan Corkhill,Lynne Rowe
- PublisherSearch Press Ltd
- Date of Publication10/05/2017
- GenreHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationTunbridge Wells
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSearch Press Ltd
- Content Note120 Illustrations, color
- Weight420 g
- Width204 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £5.99Trending at £6.98
- £8.63Trending at £9.35
- £3.79Trending at £4.69
- £5.16Trending at £5.27
- £6.33Trending at £7.76
- £4.42Trending at £6.35
- £3.33Trending at £5.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.