All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAlison Ellen takes a fresh approach to knitting, examining not just the look of a knitted pattern, but how the knitted fabric can be altered with different stitches to change its stretch, drape and thickness. Once understood, the design and application potential of this textile technique is thrilling and endless.
- Author BiographyHaving trained in textile design and worked in textiles while bringing up her family, Alison Ellen began making hand knitwear in the 1980s and went on to teach short courses and textiles groups. Inspired by her research into knitting history and technique, she wrote two books on knitting, including the bestselling Hand Knitting - new directions (Crowood Press). Alison sells her work though fairs and craft galleries. Direct contact with her customers has made a major contribution to her approach in designing for different body shapes. This book includes many of her classic designs, and comes from thirty years' experience of designing, teaching and exploring the versatile technique of hand knitting.
- Author(s)Alison Ellen
- PublisherThe Crowood Press Ltd
- Date of Publication30/09/2011
- GenreHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationRamsbury
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2011
- ImprintThe Crowood Press Ltd
- Content Note247 colour photographs and diagrams
- Weight868 g
- Width215 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsWith printed dust jacket
Best-selling in Leisure, Hobbies & Lifestyle
Save on Leisure, Hobbies & Lifestyle
- £1.99Trending at £2.38
- £2.34Trending at £3.02
- £1.95Trending at £2.87
- £7.80Trending at £8.98
- £5.31Trending at £6.48
- £12.98Trending at £19.97
- £10.23Trending at £16.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.