Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £24.44Trending at £26.14
- £23.12Trending at £34.97
- £10.01Trending at £10.71
- £24.23Trending at £25.20
- £17.16Trending at £22.75
- £21.65Trending at £23.99
- £4.99Trending at £6.17
About this product
- Author(s)N.R. Milton
- PublisherSpringer London Ltd
- Date of Publication10/11/2010
- GenreComputing: Professional & Programming
- Series TitleDecision Engineering
- Place of PublicationEngland
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSpringer London Ltd
- Content Note15 black & white tables, biography
- Weight296 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover of orig. ed. 2007
- Table Of ContentsOverview of the Step-by-step Procedure.- Start, Scope and Plan the Project.- Initial Capture and Modelling.- Detailed Capture and Modelling.- Share the Stored Knowledge.- Implementation Issues.
- Author BiographyDr Nick Milton has worked in the area of knowledge engineering and knowledge acquisition for over 10 years, first as a researcher at the University of Nottingham, then as a consultant Knowledge Engineer, and now as Chief Knowledge Architect at Epistemics Ltd. As a researcher, he worked on the development of techniques taken from AI (for capturing expert knowledge) for their use in Knowledge Management. As a consultant Knowledge Engineer he has worked on multiple knowledge acquisition projects and helped develop and implement methodologies for a number of large organizations. He has provided training and support to many hundreds of knowledge engineers (e.g. in Airbus, Rolls-Royce and BAE Systems). He is an expert in the PCPACK software tool and part of its development team. A major thrust of his work has been to maximize the benefits of knowledge engineering to a company while also enabling novice knowledge engineers to learn and apply the approach.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.