Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £4.79Trending at £5.18
- £5.39Trending at £5.51
- £11.28Trending at £13.93
- £9.10Trending at £12.94
- £9.60Trending at £9.68
- £10.95Trending at £13.68
- £15.50Trending at £18.95
About this product
- DescriptionCombines knowledge management (KM) with e-learning as complementary approaches. This book looks at KM practices in e-learning and covers various techniques and methodologies. It explains knowledge capture, retention, transfer, and sharing. It contains case studies looking at applications of KM to e-learning in businesses, and universities.
- Author BiographyDr. Jay Liebowitz is the Orkand Endowed Chair of Management and Technology in the Graduate School of Management and Technology at the University of Maryland University College (UMUC). He previously served as a professor in the Carey Business School at Johns Hopkins University. He was recently ranked one of the top 10 knowledge management researchers/practitioners out of 11,000 worldwide. At Johns Hopkins University, he was the founding Program Director for the graduate Certificate in Competitive Intelligence and the Capstone Director of the MS-Information and Telecommunications Systems for Business Program, where he engaged over 30 organizations in industry, government, and not-for-profits in capstone projects. Prior to joining Hopkins, Dr. Liebowitz was the first Knowledge Management Officer at the NASA Goddard Space Flight Center. Before NASA, Dr. Liebowitz was the Robert W. Deutsch Distinguished Professor of Information Systems at the University of Maryland-Baltimore County, Professor of Management Science at George Washington University, and Chair of Artificial Intelligence at the U.S. Army War College. Dr. Liebowitz is the founder and editor-in-chief of Expert Systems with Applications, an international journal, which had about 1,600 paper downloads per day worldwide last year. He is a Fulbright Scholar, IEEE-USA Federal Communications Commission Executive Fellow, and Computer Educator of the Year (International Association for Computer Information Systems). He has published over 40 books and a myriad of journal articles on knowledge management, intelligent systems, and IT management. His most recent books are Knowledge Retention: Strategies and Solutions (Taylor & Francis, 2009) and Knowledge Management in Public Health (Taylor & Francis, 2010). He has lectured and consulted worldwide. Michael S. Frank, PhD, serves as Vice Provost and Dean of the University of Maryland University College's Graduate School of Management and Technology. His service with the graduate school includes chairing the Information Technology Systems department and General Management Programs department. Before coming to the graduate school, Dr. Frank held executive level positions in the private and public sector for many years. As an executive vice president for a large Maryland financial institution, he supervised several hundred people, drafted strategic and business plans, oversaw reorganizations and staffing, and controlled approximately one billion dollars in assets. Prior to that he was the human resource director of one of Maryland's largest jurisdictions, where he directed all human resource and collective bargaining activities for over four thousand employees. Dr. Frank is the recipient of numerous official commendations, a leadership award, UMUC's highest teaching excellence award (the Drazek Award), and several professional awards, including a Professional Writers Award from the International Personnel Management Association, and a Sustained Outstanding Quality Award from the National Capital Area's Management Association. His teaching, research, publication, and consulting interests reside in the fields of human resource management, organization theory, technology issues, and e-learning.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication08/11/2010
- GenreManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAuerbach Publishers Inc.
- Content Note70 black & white illustrations, 22 black & white tables
- Weight657 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byJay Liebowitz,Michael Frank
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.