Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £19.50Trending at £20.12
- £9.22Trending at £11.01
- £26.45Trending at £27.79
- £19.99Trending at £23.85
- £21.79Trending at £22.10
- £15.48Trending at £19.34
- £15.72Trending at £22.86
About this product
- Author(s)Karl Maton
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication25/02/2015
- GenreEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note32 black & white illustrations, 10 black & white tables, 32 black & white line drawings
- Weight362 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Table Of Contents1: Seeing Knowledge and Knowers: Social realism and Legitimation Code Theory 2: Languages of Legitimation: The curious case of British cultural studies 3: The Epistemic--Pedagogic Device: Breaks and continuities in the social sciences and mathematics 4: Knowledge--Knower Structures: What's at stake in the 'two cultures' debate, why school Music is unpopular, and what unites such diverse issues 5: Gazes: Canons, knowers and progress in the arts and humanities 6: Semantic Gravity: Cumulative learning in professional education and school English 7: Semantic Density: How to build cumulative knowledge in social science 8: Cosmologies: How to win friends and influence people 9: Insights, Gazes, Lenses and the 4-K Model: Fiercely-fought struggles and fundamental shifts in fields 10: Building a Realist Sociology of Education: To be continued ...
- Author BiographyKarl Maton is Associate Professor in Sociology at the University of Sydney, Australia, and Honorary Professor at Rhodes University, South Africa.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.