Best-selling in Personal Development
Save on Personal Development
- £12.51Trending at £15.17
- £8.90Trending at £10.99
- £5.45Trending at £8.98
- £8.89Trending at £9.16
- £14.44Trending at £16.06
- £9.45Trending at £12.32
- £7.63Trending at £7.83
About this product
- DescriptionHealth services can and should be improved by applying research findings about best practice. Yet, in Knowledge to Action?, the authors explore why it nevertheless proves notoriously difficult to implement change based on research evidence in the face of strong professional views and complex organizational structures.
- Author BiographySue Dopson is Rhodes Reader in Organizational Behaviour, Said Business School, and Fellow of Templeton College, University of Oxford. A member of the Oxford Health Care Management Institute, she is involved in the development of courses for the NHS and a number of research projects, including the evaluation of projects aimed at improving clinical effectiveness, exploring issues of getting the results of medical research evidence into clinical practice, and more general research in the area of NHS management. She has published several books and articles on changes in the management of the NHS, the changing nature of middle management, management careers, and developments in public sector management. Louise Fitzgerald is Professor of Organizational Development in the Department of Human Resource Management at De Montfort University. She completed her PhD whilst a lecturer at Salford University, was a Senior Lecturer at Warwick University, and a Professor and Director of Research at St. Bartholomew's School of Nursing and Midwifery, City University. Her research interests centre on the management of change in professional organizations, particularly health care, and she has published widely in journals such as Human Relations, Personnel Review, and the Journal of Health Services Research and Policy, as well as having co-authored several books including The New Public Management in Action (OUP, 1996).
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication29/06/2006
- GenreManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2006
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note6 tables, 2 figures
- Weight403 g
- Width157 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byLouise Fitzgerald,Sue Dopson
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.