Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £24.44Trending at £26.14
- £23.12Trending at £34.97
- £10.01Trending at £10.71
- £24.23Trending at £25.35
- £17.16Trending at £22.74
- £21.65Trending at £24.16
- £4.99Trending at £6.17
About this product
- DescriptionA commentary on the political culture of the BaKongo of Lower Congo by a well-known anthropologist.
- Author BiographyWyatt MacGaffey, formerly John R. Coleman Professor of Social Sciences at Haverford College, has published extensively on African social structure, history, art, religion, and politics. His books include Custom and Government in the Lower Congo (1970), Religion and society in Central Africa (1986), and Astonishment and Power (1993; with Michael D. Harris). IN 1994 he was awarded a Fellowship by the John Simon Guggenheim Foundation.
- Author(s)Wyatt MacGaffey
- PublisherIndiana University Press
- Date of Publication22/03/2000
- GenrePolitical Science & Theory
- Place of PublicationBloomington, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndiana University Press
- Content Note5 b&w photos, 2 maps
- Weight567 g
- Width4445 mm
- Height5182 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.