Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £13.74Trending at £16.54
- £13.11Trending at £19.98
- £5.35Trending at £5.99
- £10.99Trending at £19.99
- £18.33Trending at £24.00
- £7.00Trending at £8.50
- £14.76Trending at £17.25
About this product
- DescriptionThe Korean Wave , or Hallyu phenomenon, has brought South Korean popular culture to the global population, but North Korean culture has often been overlooked. Korean Screen Cultures sets out to redress this imbalance with a broad selection of essays spanning both North and South, including essays on K-pop, television dramas, film and online games.
- Author BiographyAndrew David Jackson is Associate Professor of Korean Studies at the University of Copenhagen. He obtained his PhD in Korean history from the School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London. He has previously edited two volumes: Key Papers on Korea: Essays Celebrating 25 Years of the Centre for Korean Studies, SOAS, University of London (2013) and How East Asian Films are Reshaping National Identities (2006). Colette Balmain is Senior Lecturer in Film, TV and Media at Kingston University and specialises in East Asian cinemas and cultures. She is the editor for Directory of World Cinema: South Korea and is currently working on the second edition of her first book, Introduction to Japanese Horror Film, a monograph on South Korean horror cinema and a book on East Asian Gothic cinema.
- PublisherPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Date of Publication14/12/2015
- GenreFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationPieterlen
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2015
- ImprintPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Weight490 g
- Width150 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byAndrew David Jackson,Colette Balmain
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.