Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £23.91Trending at £24.50
- £26.30Trending at £26.87
- £38.57Trending at £43.98
- £27.28Trending at £29.99
- £12.69Trending at £13.18
- £20.30Trending at £26.99
- £24.08Trending at £34.99
About this product
- DescriptionLAN Switch Security explains all the vulnerabilities in a network infrastructure related to Ethernet switches. Further, this text shows how to configure a switch to prevent or to mitigate attacks based on those vulnerabilities.
- Author BiographyEric Vyncke has a master's degree in computer science engineering from the University of Liege in Belgium. He worked as a research assistant in the same university before joining Network Research Belgium. At Network Research Belgium, he was the head of R&D. He then joined Siemens as a project manager for security projects, including a proxy firewall. Since 1997, he has worked as a distinguished consulting engineer for Cisco as a technical consultant for security covering Europe. For 20 years, Eric's area of expertise has been security from Layer 2 to the application layer. He is also a guest professor at some Belgian universities for security seminars. Eric is also a frequent speaker at security events (such as Networkers at Cisco Live and RSA Conference). Christopher Paggen joined Cisco in 1996 where he has held various positions gravitating around LAN switching and security technologies. Lately, he has been in charge of defining product requirements for the company's current and future high-end firewalls. Christopher holds several U.S. patents, one of which pertains to Dynamic ARP Inspection (DAI). As CCIE No. 2659, Christopher also owns a B.S. in computer science from HEMES (Belgium) and went on to study economics at UMH (Belgium) for two more years.
- Author(s)Christopher Paggen,Eric Vyncke,Jason Frazier
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication06/09/2007
- GenreComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationIndianapolis
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCisco Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight596 g
- Width186 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine22 mm
Most relevant reviews
- gtuminauskas27 Sep, 2011by
The book is awesome. That is what I was looking for. Would recommend for networkers or security specialists
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.