Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.94Trending at £10.17
- £16.49Trending at £17.08
- £8.99Trending at £11.20
- £31.22Trending at £32.41
- £16.56Trending at £25.00
- £20.99Trending at £24.98
- £22.98Trending at £24.18
About this product
- Author(s)Sylvia S. Mader
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication17/01/2013
- FormatSpiral bound
- GenreScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Professional
- Out-of-print date28/02/2017
- Weight975 g
- Edition Statement14th edition
- Table Of ContentsPart 1 Cell Biology 1. Scientific Method 2. Metric Measurement and Microsopy 3. Chemical Composition of Cells 4. Cell Structure and Function 5. Mitosis and Meiosis 6. How Enzymes Function 7. Cellular Respiration Part 2 Plant Biology 8. Photosynthesis 9. Organization of Flowering Plants 10. Reproduction in Flowering Plants Part 3 Maintenance of the Human Body 11. Animal Organization 12. Basic Mammalian Anatomy I 13. Chemical Aspects of Digestion 14. Cardivascular System 15. Basic Mammalian Anatomy II 16. Homeostasis Part 4 Integration and Control of the Human Body 17. Nervous System and Senses 18. Musculoskeletal System Part 5 Continuance of the Species 19. Development 20. Patterns of Inheritance 21. Human Genetics 22. DNA Biology and Technology Part 6 Evolution and Diversity 23. Evidences of Evolution 24. Microbiology 25. Seedless Plants 26. Seed Plants 27. Introduction to Invertebrates 28. Invertebrate Coelomates 29. The Vertebrates Part 7 Behavior and Ecology 30. Sampling Ecosystems 31. Effects of Pollution on Ecosystems Appendices A Preparing a Laboratory Report/Laboratory Report Form B Metric System C Tree of Life
- Author BiographySylvia S. Mader has authored several nationally recognized biology texts published by McGraw Hill. Educated at Bryn Mawr College, Harvard University, Tufts University, and Nova Southeastern University, she holds degrees in both Biology and Education. Over the years she has taught at University of Massachusetts, Lowell; Massachusetts Bay Community College; Suffolk University; and Nathan Mayhew Seminars. Her ability to reach out to science-shy students led to the writing of her first text, Inquiry into Life, that is now in its thirteenth edition. Highly acclaimed for her crisp and entertaining writing style, her books have become models for others who write in the field of biology. Although her writing schedule is always quite demanding, Dr. Mader enjoys taking time to visit and explore the various ecosystems of the biosphere. Her several trips to the Florida Everglades and Caribbean coral reefs resulted in talks she has given to various groups around the country. She has visited the tundra in Alaska, the taiga in the Canadian Rockies, the Sonoran Desert in Arizona, and tropical rain forests in South America and Australia. A photo safari to the Serengeti in Kenya resulted in a number of photographs for her texts. She was thrilled to think of walking in Darwin's steps when she journeyed to the Galapagos Islands with a group of biology educators. Dr. Mader was also a member of a group of biology educators who traveled to China to meet with their Chinese counterparts and exchange ideas about the teaching of modern-day biology.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.