All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIncludes amendments that reflect developments in anaesthetic practice and changes in our attitudes towards laboratory animal welfare. This title offers information on anaesthesia and analgesia; a consideration of the needs of scientific research and the welfare of laboratory animals.
- Author BiographyPaul Flecknell is a veterinarian with over 35 years of experience working with laboratory animals. He is a Diplomate of the European Colleges of Veterinary Anaesthesia and Analgesia and Laboratory Animal Medicine and an honorary Diplomate of the American College of Laboratory Animal Medicine. He has PhD in physiology, and is currently Professor of Laboratory Animal Science in the Institute of Neuroscience at Newcastle University. His main research interests are anaesthesia and analgesia of all species of animals and in particular the development of methods of pain assessment. He is the head of the Pain and Animal Welfare Science (PAWS) group at Newcastle. The group's current research work is focussed on novel methods of cage-side assessment of pain, particularly using pain faces and developing methods of measurement of affective state in rodents.
- Author(s)Paul A. Flecknell
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication01/07/2006
- GenreClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Press Inc
- Out-of-print date27/05/2016
- Weight730 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edition Statement3rd edition
Best-selling in Health, Treatments & Medicine
Save on Health, Treatments & Medicine
- £25.67Trending at £26.03
- £137.64Trending at £151.99
- £22.36Trending at £24.28
- £42.34Trending at £46.00
- £39.38Trending at £45.89
- £25.99Trending at £26.79
- £10.33Trending at £11.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.