Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £19.50Trending at £25.67
- £19.99Trending at £22.65
- £9.24Trending at £10.99
- £26.45Trending at £27.78
- £30.79Trending at £34.35
- £16.99Trending at £18.63
- £15.72Trending at £22.83
About this product
- DescriptionIntends to aid students who wish to gain an understanding of solving biological issues with computer programs. This manual provides an exploration of model development, model validation, and model refinement, enabling students to experience advancements made in biology by mathematical models.
- Author BiographyRaina Robeva was born in Sofia, Bulgaria. She has a PhD in Mathematics from the University of Virginia and has led multiple NSF-funded curriculum development projects at the interface of mathematics and biology. She is the lead author of the textbook An Invitation to Biomathematics (2008) and the lead editor of the volume Mathematical Concepts and Methods in Modern Biology: Using Modern Discrete Models (2013), both published by Academic Press. Robeva is the founding Chief Editor of the research journal Frontiers in Systems Biology. She is a professor of Mathematical Sciences at Sweet Briar College and lives in Charlottesville, Virginia.
- Author(s)James R. Kirkwood,Raina Stefanova Robeva
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication01/05/2007
- GenreScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Press Inc
- Content NoteIllustrated; Illustrations, unspecified
- Weight450 g
- Width216 mm
- Height276 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.