All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLady Constance Chatterley is trapped in a loveless marriage to a man who is impotent. Oppressed by her dreary life, she is drawn to Mellors the gamekeeper. Breaking out against the constraints of society she yields to her instinctive desire for him and discovers the transforming power of physical love which leads them both towards fulfillment.
- Author BiographyDavid Herbert Lawrence was born in Nottinghamshire in 1885. After briefly working in both manufacturing and teaching, he published his first novel, The White Peacock, in 1911. He then published Sons and Lovers, but his next novel, The Rainbow, was suppressed for its alleged obscenity, and for three years he could not find a publisher for Women in Love. After the First World War he decided to escape the persecution he had suffered in England and spent many years travelling. His last novel, Lady Chatterley's Novel, was published in 1928 but banned in Britain and America until 1960, when landmark trials cleared the way for publication of unexpurgated editions for the first time. D. H. Lawrence died in 1930.
- Author(s)D. H. Lawrence
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication07/04/2011
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitlePenguin Essentials
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Books Ltd
- Weight176 g
- Width111 mm
- Height181 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £4.24Trending at £4.43
- £33.40Trending at £39.28
- £10.97Trending at £13.47
- £3.80Trending at £4.52
- £4.93Trending at £8.99
- £4.20Trending at £4.74
- £4.79Trending at £6.28
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.