Brand newLOWEST PRICE
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionKindly caretaker Cleveland Heep (Paul Giamatti, SIDEWAYS) discovers an elfin creature named Story (Bryce Dallas Howard, THE VILLAGE) living in the swimming pool of the apartment complex where he works. It soon becomes apparent to Cleveland that Story is not of this world, and that her mission to deliver a message to mankind is fraught with danger. The stuttering caretaker tries valiantly to protect her so that she may have safe passage back to the Blue World from whence she came. Suspension of disbelief is mandatory in this beautifully realised modern day fable, directed by master of suspense M. Night Shyamalan, who puts his own unique spin on the conventions of the traditional fairy tale.
- Leading Role 1Bryce Dallas Howard
- Director 1M. Night Shyamalan
- Leading Role 2Paul Giamatti
- Leading Role 3Jeffrey Wright
- Additional Roles byBob Balaban,Mary Beth Hurt,Jared Harris,Freddy Rodriguez
- Release FormatDVD
- Release Year2007
- Running Time105 minutes
Most relevant reviews
- keithnilra29 Dec, 2011by
Later stuff far more rounded.
Purchased this product because it's an M. Night Shyamalan film I had not heard of. Typicaly enigmatic, but being an early production, a tad primitive and dis-jointed compared to later works. Rather slow and dull given the potential available in the story line. Later stuff far more rounded.
- tarot201123 Nov, 2011by
Excellent value for money 10/10!!!
This film keeps you wanting to watch more and is a very clever film with well known appearances. The story is in hope of her getting home but something is distracting her and putting her at risk of never returning home.
- 349133299cac85e...10 Nov, 2011by
good film not quite what i expected to be honest with you but still a good film still worth watching............
- ducatiboy194424 Jan, 2011by
Excellent film. Complex and intriguing story line
strong characters very well cast with clever sub plots & character development. Enchanting and clever setting turning the mundane into something mystical. Modern fairy tale beautifullt told 10/10
- melaniea1231 Aug, 2010by
Lady in the water.
I decided to get this movie because i feel its very unusual like all of M.NIGHT SHYAMALAN films there is always a deeper meaning to is movies therfore it is best to watch them more than once but theyre always very enjoyable he always plays a part himself just like alfred hitchcock did in his films (so ingeneous)..in my opinion M.NIGHT SHYAMALAN is one of THE BEST of our time some other titles are (SIGNS), (THE VILLAGE), (THE HAPPENING),AND MANY MORE BUT THE LATEST IS (THE LAST AIRBENDER)......WATCH AND ENJOY...MANY THANKS..X
Best-selling in DVDs & Blu-rays
Save on DVDs & Blu-rays
- £12.99Trending at £13.21
- £4.66Trending at £4.75
- £32.99Trending at £33.73
- £3.59Trending at £3.99
- £15.99Trending at £17.09
- £25.95Trending at £29.99
- £14.99Trending at £15.46