All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £17.20Trending at £17.38
- £4.60Trending at £6.20
- £12.06Trending at £12.19
About this product
- Author(s)Shahab Fazal
- Date of Publication11/10/2012
- Series TitleSpringerBriefs in Geography
- Place of PublicationDordrecht
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content Note15 Tables, black and white; 14 Illustrations, color; 5 Illustrations, black and white; VI, 96 p. 19 illus., 14 illus. in color.
- Weight171 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Table Of ContentsFrom the Contents: What is `urban' and what is `rural'?.- Outside the city boundaries: the areas surrounding urban centers.- Methodology and Data Sources.-Conceptualizing Peri-Urban interface.- Peri-Urban Interactions.- The Study Area.- Land in Aligarh's Pui.- Factors Influencing Land Transformation.- Actors and Their Role in Pui Land Transformation.
- Author BiographyDr. Shahab Fazal is Associate Professor at the Department of Geography in Aligarh Muslim University. Dr. Fazal is an active researcher and availed several international fellowships like DST-DAAD Fellowship (2000-2001), Commonwealth Fellowship (2004) and Shastri Fellowship (2003 & 2009). Currently he is leading an international research project in collaboration with Montreal University and McGill University, Canada. He has published 10 books and 45 research articles in various national and international journals of repute. He recently has been awarded a prestigious Research Fellowship by Netherland Academy of Science (NWO), Government of Netherland. Dr. Fazal is conducting research on Livelihood Transformations in the urban Fringe of Netherlands Cities. He is affiliated with Faculty of Geosciences, Utrecht University as Visiting Professor.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.