All listings for this product
Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £7.31Trending at £9.07
- £6.57Trending at £6.88
- £9.60Trending at £13.07
- £12.17Trending at £13.25
- £10.75Trending at £13.77
- £6.49Trending at £6.88
- £9.91Trending at £13.07
About this product
- PublisherSpringer, India, Private Ltd
- Date of Publication01/09/2014
- GenreEnvironment & Planning
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintSpringer, India, Private Ltd
- Content Note2 black & white illustrations, 21 black & white tables, biography
- Weight643 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byHuong Ha
- Table Of ContentsChapter 1. Land Use and Disaster Governance in Asia: An Introduction.- Chapter 2. NAPSIPAG Is Ten Years Old: An Agenda for the Next Decade.- Part I: Land Management and Food Security.- Chapter 3. Land Reforms in Kerala - An Aid to Ensure Sustainable Development.- Chapter 4. The Indian State and the Unfinished Task of Land Reforms: A Critical Analysis.- Chapter 5. Cacophony to Euphony: Land Tenure System and Food Security in Pakistan.- Chapter 6. Industrialisation and Sustainable Food Security: New Challenges for Malaysia.- Part II: Disaster Management.- Chapter 7. Bangladesh: Natural Disaster Risk Management.- Chapter 8. Administrative Planning and Political Response to Hazard: Issues and Concerns.- Chapter 9. Deficiency of Disability Issue in Disaster Risk Reduction Strategy: Implications on Human Security and Social Cohesion.- Chapter 10. Geo-Politics and Community Vulnerability: A case of Diu Island.- Chapter 11. Lack of Integrity moving the Goals Away.- Chapter 12. Anticipating and Managing an Unwelcome Guest: Climate Smart Approach in Disaster Management.- Part III: Public Education and Other Issues Related to Disaster Management.- Chapter 13. Disaster Risk Management and Public Education in Singapore.- Chapter 14. Participatory Environmental Governance and Climate Change Adaptation: Mainstreaming of Tidal River Management (TRM) in South-West Bangladesh.- Chapter 15. Ecology and Culture: Innovative Approaches to the Educational System of Indigenous People of Altai.- Chapter 16. Peacebuilding Model in Diverse Conflict Lines Southern Philippines.- Chapter 17. Community Governance for Climate Change Adaptation in Nepal.- Chapter 18. Land Use and Disaster Governance: Implications and Policy Recommendations.
- Author BiographyDr. Huong Ha is the Academic Coordinator of MBA and undergraduate business programme at UON Singapore (University of Newcastle, Singapore campus). She was the Dean of TMC Business School and Director of Research and Development, TMC Academy (Singapore). She obtained her PhD in management from Monash University (Australia) and a Master's degree in public policy from Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy, National University of Singapore. She was a recipient of a PhD scholarship awarded by Monash University, a Temasek scholarship awarded by the National University of Singapore and a scholarship awarded by the UN University/International Leadership Academy, and many other professional and academic awards. She has been an invited member of editorial boards of many international journals; on scientific and/or technical committees of several international conferences; and on international advisory board of many associations. She has also been a reviewer of many journals and international conferences.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.