All listings for this product
Best-selling in Society & Education
Save on Society & Education
- £14.31Trending at £16.03
- £28.65Trending at £29.98
- £19.77Trending at £21.58
- £25.68Trending at £27.82
- £7.94Trending at £10.99
- £23.71Trending at £26.08
- £22.69Trending at £24.22
About this product
- DescriptionTells the stories of India's food. This book includes essays which range from the rituals of propitiatory meals - from feeding the gods, the priest, the son-in-law or the dead - to the symbolism of milk, and from the probable 15th century Portuguese origins of the traditional sweets of Bengal to the variety of art connected with food and ritual.
- Author BiographyChitrita Banerji is the author of Life and Food in Bengal, Bengali Cooking: Seasons and Festivals and Feeding The Gods.
- Author(s)Chitrita Banerji
- PublisherSeagull Books London Ltd
- Date of Publication01/06/2007
- GenreCultural Studies
- Place of PublicationGreenford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSeagull Books London Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight256 g
- Width149 mm
- Height209 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.