All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFirst published in 1983, this book is a guide to the Lake District, its geology, people and places, its history and folklore. He describes the legends, myths and folklore of the farmers and fishermen and the types of people that populated the area, from Norsemen and Romans to the Normans.
- Author BiographyMelvyn Bragg is a writer and broadcaster. His novels include The Hired Man, for which he won the Time/Life Silver Pen Award, Without a City Wall, winner of the John Llewellyn Rhys Prize, The Soldier's Return, winner of the WHSmith Literary Award, A Son of War and Crossing the Lines, both of which were longlisted for the Man Booker Prize, and most recently Grace and Mary. He has also written several works of non-fiction, the latest being The Book of Books about the King James Bible. He lives in London and Cumbria.
- Author(s)Melvyn Bragg
- PublisherHodder & Stoughton General Division
- Date of Publication15/03/1990
- GenreRegional History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHodder & Stoughton Ltd
- Out-of-print date02/03/2002
- Content NoteColour and B&w Photographs
- Weight752 g
- Width190 mm
- Height14 mm
- Spine245 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £10.32Trending at £13.47
- £5.62Trending at £5.87
- £9.79Trending at £11.99
- £7.44Trending at £7.64
- £7.41Trending at £7.63
- £14.33Trending at £14.87
- £11.32Trending at £13.47
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.