Best-selling in Short Stories & Anthologies
Save on Short Stories & Anthologies
- £10.48Trending at £13.61
- £9.59Trending at £10.43
- £9.52Trending at £11.99
- £9.67Trending at £9.94
- £8.80Trending at £9.10
- £1.88Trending at £2.58
- £6.91Trending at £8.99
About this product
- DescriptionTime and time again listeners enthralled by Duncan Williamson's lore would ask him for the silkie tale. Duncan grew up with the seals, slept nights stranded by the tide in their colonies, heard countless stories from crofters, fishermen and travellers alike about the strange people who were related to the seal.
- Author BiographyWith over ten books to his name, Duncan Williamson was one of the last, best-known of Scotland's traveller storytellers. The son, grandson and great grandson of nomadic tinsmiths, basket makers, pipers and storytellers, he became known as one of the world's finest oral story-tellers, with over 3,000 stories committed to memory. His autobiography, The Horsieman, also published Birlinn, tells his life story as a traveller, hawking his wares, collecting stories, and travelling through Scotland. He died in November 2007.
- Author(s)Duncan Williamson
- PublisherBirlinn General
- Date of Publication01/05/2010
- GenreShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBirlinn Ltd
- Out-of-print date20/08/2016
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.