All listings for this product
Best-selling in Health, Treatments & Medicine
Save on Health, Treatments & Medicine
- £18.23Trending at £18.43
- £14.28Trending at £16.36
- £36.44Trending at £37.41
- £13.30Trending at £13.52
- £12.06Trending at £15.87
- £10.99Trending at £15.68
- £6.95Trending at £7.07
About this product
- DescriptionLandmark Papers in Allergy is a definitive collection of over 90 papers charting key discoveries in relation to allergy and the development of treatment and care for allergic disorders. Commentaries from leading international experts provide reflections on the historical importance and current relevance of each contribution.
- Author BiographyAziz Sheikh trained in Physiology and Medicine, graduating from UCL, Londonn in 1990 and 1993. After completing his training in general practice, he decided to specialise in the field of epidemiology. He has held academic posts in the Departments of Primary Health Care & General Practice at Imperial College, London and Public Health Sciences at St George's Hospital Medical School, London. He has since August 2003 held the post of Chair in Primary Care Research & Development in the Centre for Population Health Sciences at The University of Edinburgh. He is an Honorary Consultant in Paediatric Allergy in NHS Lothian. His major research interest is in studying the epidemiology and primary care management of asthma and allergic disorders, and he has published extensively in this area. Tom Platts-Mills is Professor of Medicine and Microbiology in the School of Medicine at the University of Virginia. He is a graduate of Balliol College, Oxford, and St. Thomas Hospital Medical School. He carried out a fellowship in allergy and immunology at Johns Hopkins University, working in the laboratory of Dr. Kimishige Ishizaka. From 1974-1982, he worked for the Medical Research Council at Northwick Park and completed his PhD in 1982 at London University. Since 1982, he has been head of the Division of Asthma, Allergy, and Immunology at the University of Virginia. He served as president of the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology (AAAAI) from 2006 to 2007. He has researched the immune response to a range of allergens, including those from pollens, dust mites, the fungus Trichophyton, and domestic cats. In 2010, Dr. Platts-Mills was elected as a Fellow of the Royal Society. Allison Worth trained as a nurse and worked in hospital and community settings and as a lecturer in nursing before undertaking a PhD and specialising in qualitative research. She currently manages the Allergy and Respiratory Research Group at The University of Edinburgh. Her research interests are in patient, family and health professional experiences of long-term illness and healthcare.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication01/12/2013
- GenreClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleLandmark Papers in
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2013
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Weight768 g
- Width178 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byAllison Worth,Aziz Sheikh,Thomas Platts-Mills
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.