All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSome essays were originally delivered as lectures at the University of Cambridge.
- Author BiographyThe Editors: Geraldine Horan completed her undergraduate and postgraduate degrees at Royal Holloway, University of London. Since 2000 she has been a Lecturer in German Language and Linguistics at University College London. Her research interests lie in feminist linguistics, discourse analysis and political discourse, with a particular focus on the relationship between gender, discourse, nationalism and National Socialism. Nils Langer obtained his Ph.D. at the University of Newcastle and has since worked at the University of Bristol where he is a Reader in German Linguistics. His work focuses on areas of historical sociolinguistics, in particular with regard to the standardisation of German and the stigmatisation of non-standard variants. Sheila Watts spent her early career at Trinity College Dublin, where she obtained her doctorate. Since 1998 she has been a University Lecturer in German at the University of Cambridge (Newnham College). She has worked on grammaticalisation in the history of German, particularly in Old Saxon, and on early modern linguistic historiography.
- PublisherVerlag Peter Lang
- Date of Publication01/09/2009
- GenreEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Series TitleBritische und Irische Studien zur Deutschen Sprache und Literatur/British and Irish Studies in German Language and Literature
- Series Part/Volume Number52
- Place of PublicationPieterlen
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintVerlag Peter Lang
- Content Note5, 5 tables and graphs
- Weight500 g
- Width150 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byGeraldine Theresa Horan,Nils Langer,Sheila Watts
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in Language
Save on Language
- £24.99Trending at £25.73
- £20.42Trending at £23.89
- £14.58Trending at £18.15
- £4.60Trending at £4.97
- £24.25Trending at £31.80
- £9.25Trending at £9.76
- £14.30Trending at £19.57
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.