CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £1.49Trending at £1.77
- £12.64Trending at £13.66
- £42.34Trending at £45.00
- £6.50Trending at £11.99
- £13.69Trending at £23.27
- £8.62Trending at £14.99
- £27.17Trending at £32.49
About this product
- DescriptionArtistic representations of landscape are studied in areas ranging from art history to geography to sociology, yet there has been little consensus about how to understand the relationship between landscape and art. This book brings together scholars from these multiple disciplines to establish fresh of thinking about landscape in art.
- Author BiographyJames Elkins is E.C. Chadbourne Chair in the Department of Art History, Theory, and Criticism at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago. He is general series editor of The Art Seminar. His many books include Pictures and Tears, How to Use Your Eyes, What Painting Is and, most recently, The Strange Place of Religion in Contemporary Art and Master Narratives and Their Discontents, all published by Routledge. Rachel DeLue is Assistant Professor of Art History at Princeton University. She is author of George Inness and the Science of Landscape (University of Chicago Press, 2004).
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication05/12/2007
- GenreThe Arts: General & Reference
- Series TitleThe Art Seminar
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 6
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, figures
- Weight521 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited byJames Elkins,Rachel DeLue
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.