Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £11.28Trending at £14.02
- £9.36Trending at £12.99
- £9.60Trending at £11.18
- £29.38Trending at £35.37
- £13.65Trending at £14.12
- £5.28Trending at £5.79
- £6.82Trending at £9.98
About this product
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication16/01/2014
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Academic
- Weight540 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byAndrew Whitehead,Hans-Georg Moeller
- Format DetailsHardback (stationery)
- Table Of ContentsNotes on Contributors Introduction (Hans-Georg Moeller) Part I: Strolls and Scrolls 1. Landscape and Travelling in Early Chinese Thought (Ouyang Xiao) 2. Landscape as an Aesthetic Person: On the Conceptual World of German Romanticism (Rolf Trauzettel) 3. The Landscape of Yinyang: Philosophy and Shanshui Painting (Robin Wang) 4. Landscape, Travel, and a Zhuangist Reply to Nagel's Cosmic Question (Chris Fraser) Part II: Buddhist Journeys 5. Hoben as Pedagogical Landscape (Andrew Whitehead) 6. On the Shikoku Pilgrimage (John Harding) 7. Travelling through Tibet: Images and Mirages (Snjezana Zoric) 8. A Walk Through Some Zen Landscapes of the Heart (John Maraldo) Part III: Contemporary Paths 9. Journeying and Locality in Migration (Andrea Martinez) 10. Wandering and/or Being at Home: Zhuangzi and Heidegger (Franklin Perkins) 11. On the Way - Foolish Notes of an Old Nomadic Poet-Philosopher (Gunter Wohlfart) 12. Transcultural Reflections on the Limits of Travel (Mario Wenning) Part IV: Landscape and Travelling as Philosophical Metaphors 13. The Way of Transmission in Confucianism (Roger Ames and Henry Rosemont) 14. A Daoist Response to Ames and Rosemont (Paul D'Ambrosio) 15. The Moral Landscape in the Philosophy of Tang Junyi (Ady Van den Stock) 16. Travelling with Laozi and Plato (May Sim) Index
- Author BiographyHans-Georg Moeller is Senior Lecturer in the Department of Philosophy at University College Cork, Ireland. Andrew K. Whitehead is the Manager of the Irish Institute of Japanese Studies in the Department of Philosophy at University College Cork, the Executive Director of the Academie du Midi Institute of Philosophy, and has recently been appointed Assistant Professor of Philosophy in the Department of History and Philosophy at Kennesaw State University, USA.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.