Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £4.50Trending at £4.85
- £4.65Trending at £4.85
- £9.20Trending at £12.99
- £11.28Trending at £13.98
- £9.60Trending at £9.71
- £37.82Trending at £49.99
- £13.65Trending at £14.12
About this product
- DescriptionExplores the complex gender symbolism that permeates Kabbalistic literature. Focusing on the nexus of asceticism and eroticism, the author seeks to define the role of symbolic and poetically charged language in the erotically configured visionary imagination of the medieval Kabbalists.
- Author BiographyElliot R. Wolfson holds the Marsha and Jay Glazer Endowed Chair in Jewish Studies in the Department of Religious Studies, University of California, Santa Barbara. His recent books include Giving beyond the Gift : Apophasis and Overcoming Theomania (2014), A Dream Interpreted within a Dream: Oneiropoiesis and the Prism of Imagination (2011), and Open Secret: Postmessianic Messianism and the Mystical Revision of Menahem Mendel Schneerson (2009).
- Author(s)Elliot R. Wolfson
- PublisherFordham University Press
- Date of Publication31/10/2004
- GenreNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFordham University Press
- Width185 mm
- Height261 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.