Save on Adult Learning & University
- £16.49Trending at £21.09
- £9.10Trending at £9.22
- £7.44Trending at £8.98
- £10.89Trending at £12.35
- £10.46Trending at £14.17
- £15.43Trending at £24.34
- £18.09Trending at £19.30
About this product
- DescriptionWith topics ranging from language death to sign language, Language, Frogs and Savants offers a glimpse into the fascinating world of linguistics. * Written by one of the most senior figures in linguistics. * Features fascinating topics ranging from language death to sign language.
- Author BiographyNeil Smith is one of the most senior figures in British linguistics. He is Professor of Linguistics in the Department of Phonetics and Linguistics at University College London, and has been Head of the Linguistics Section of the Department since 1972. He is the author of numerous books and articles, including The Twitter Machine (Blackwell, 1989), The Mind of a Savant (with Ianthi Tsimpli, Blackwell, 1995), Chomsky: Ideas and Ideals (1999, 2004) and Language, Bananas and Bonobos (Blackwell, 2002). He was elected Fellow of the British Academy in 1999 and an Honorary Member of the LSA in 2000.
- Author(s)Neil Smith
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication03/11/2005
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishing Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight442 g
- Width167 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.